- Reminders from Member Services
Fall has begun, and it is one of the busiest times of the year for our Member Services team! As a reminder, this team is the front line for email and phone calls from volunteers, parents, and other members. They receive more than 200 calls and emails every day! Here are a few reminders to make sure your questions and those of your troop volunteers and parent are answered as quickly as possible:
1. When you send an email to Member Services, please be as descriptive as possible in the subject line so that your request can be categorized quickly or assigned to the right team. Instead of writing “help” or something general, please be specific. Some examples include:
- “troop transfer request” instead of replying to the new girl added to troop system email telling us where they should go
- Password reset should clarify MYGS or Program/Event registration – we often must reply to ask what they are trying to do, and it takes more time to resolve
- Include complete names when requesting information - i.e. I have a parent who is trying to register her daughter can you help her - doesn’t get us anywhere
2. Remember that SUMs should contact their VSS directly for any needs, not Member Services.
- New Troop Numbers: With the start of the new year, Troop numbers are in high demand. Please be patient as we work through the requests and please note, we are working on an improvement for this process. In order to receive a quicker turnaround, the following must be included-
- Subject Line: New Troop Number
- Age level, location and name(s) of the leader
Please refrain from making multiple requests for the same troop, this may result in duplicate efforts and assigning more than one number in error. If you follow up, include the original case number so we can reference.
- Reminder- Girls that need placement are sitting at the SU Level “troop”. Review your Looker reports to contact and place these girls. Send troop transfers (subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org