The Alice Murphy Memorial Scholarship was created in 2019 as an annual award to recognize Girl Scouts from the North Penn Valley Service Unit who demonstrate they live who actively live by the Girl Scout law. From her beginnings with scouting, Alice had a love for camping and traveling, and gave girls the opportunity to put their skills to use and strengthen their independence.
The Alice Murphy Memorial Scholarship is given to two girls who are registered and active in the North Penn Valley Service Unit who have exhibited a commitment to living by the Girl Scout Law and are an embodiment of Alice’s Girl Scout spirit. Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Girl Scouts, who have started building independence, will be given the opportunity to continue growing as an older scout by participating in a summer camp experience, while Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador Girl Scouts will advance their skills by troop travel or council programming.
- Currently registered and active in North Penn Valley Service Unit
- Complete the online application
- Submit in writing:
- Daisy, Brownie, Junior: What makes camp special to you; the name and date of the summer camp you are hoping to attend.
- Cadette, Senior, Ambassador: What has been the most meaningful skill you learned at camp or traveling with your troop; the name and date of the summer camp OR the location and date of your troop/council trip.
- A letter of recommendation (non-relative) describing how you live by the Girl Scout Law.