Come out and join us for the 65th Annual Lansdale Mardi Gras Parade!!
Saturday, November 21st!!
The Parade begins at 1:00. However, they recommend you be at the line up location NO LATER than NOON, especially if you plan to have a float!! With the roads closed off for the parade, it can get difficult to get over to line up locations!!
This year’s theme is “Holidays on the Beach”.
Each troop must respond NO LATER than October 25th with the following information:
· Do you plan to have a float or if your troop will just be walking. (If a float is being used, I need to know the length of the float!!)
· The number of REGISTERED girls, along with REGISTERED leaders and Parents.
· Will you be decorating to the theme or just walking in your uniform
*Please only allow registered girls/leaders/parents to walk. Remind the other parents/siblings that we need them on the sidelines cheering the girls on and taking photos!!
The past few years we have been towards the very beginning of the parade. I am hoping for the same line up, giving the girls that walk a chance to watch the rest of the parade and see Santa arrive at the end!!
· There are NO bathrooms close by! Please make sure parents have girls use facilities before leaving the house!!
· Girls should dress for the weather!! The parade lasts over 2 hours!! With the waiting time, it is close to 3 hours they will be outside!! Gloves, hats, good walking shoes, etc. Water bottles are a good idea, but keep in mind the above statement!
· Please keep in mind that if you are handing out candy, you must HAND it to the kids on the sidelines. YOU CAN NOT THROW CANDY FROM FLOATS FOR SAFETY REASONS!!!!
There is NO FEE for this event. The parade committee does sell pins for $1 each. If your troop is interested in pre-ordering pins, please let me know how many you would need, so they can have them ready for us. You can also buy them from the parade organizers while waiting. (If you want a lot, pre-order!) Make all checks out to Troop 77132, and I will send one payment into the parade committee.
The past few years we have had a group of over 100 girls!!!
RSVP: Kimmie Claxon 215-317-3057 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org Line up location is determined a week before the parade!! Once I have that info - I will pass it along to the troops walking with us. The parade ends at Penndale Middle School. You will need to coordinate with your parents on a meeting location for when the parade ends.